Your #1 Online Baking Destination!

Looking for great recipes for my dietary needs

Home Discussion Boards DIETARY PREFERENCES Looking for great recipes for my dietary needs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KateM1956 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Margo Miller
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I am gluten, soy and dairy free for medical reasons. So eating out is obviously a nightmare. I am always trying to find yummy items to bake at home. I am in search of great recipes that I can make at home to snack on or have for dessert here at home. I was making pumpkin cookies, but they don’t last very long. A side note, I am trying to actually gain weight. So use coconut oil in my baking.

I should say, I’m not a very good cook, but willing to learn. Thanks for your help!!

KateM1956
    Participant

Hi Margo, I am cow dairy intolerant except for butter and very, very old cheeses. I can eat goat and sheep cheese though. If you can tolerate goats cheese here is a recipe I developed so I could eat a cheese cake that is actually more like a cross with a flan… and much better than cheese cakes. You can reduce the eggs from 6 to 4 but it won’t be as light….but doable if you prefer to use fewer eggs. A tip: prepare most of your ingredients ahead of time…and your utensils… makes life less confusing! 🙂

Kate’s Goats Cheese Lemon Cheesecake

11 ounces mild fresh goat cheese, softened (1 log from Costco) Room temperature
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    3 tbsps lemon juice (fresh is best)
    1 tsp lemon extract
    zest from one large lemon (I freeze my lemons and take one out the night before for a juicier lemon)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    6 large room temperature eggs, separated
    1 tsp cream of tarter
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour or Almond flour

-Preheat oven to 350°.

-Butter (I use oil spray) a regular sized spring form pan and dust with sugar, tapping out any excess.

-Using an electric mixer beat goat cheese until creamy then add the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.

-Add egg yolks two at a time, beating to blend and scraping down sides of bowl between additions.

-Reduce speed to low, add flour, and mix just until blended.

-Using clean, dry beaters, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. I add 1 tsp cream of tarter.

-Gently fold 1/4 of egg whites into goat cheese mixture mix well.

-Fold in remaining egg whites just until barely blended.

-Scrape into prepared pan and gently bang the pan on the counter top to level batter.

-Bake cheesecake in centre of oven at 350f for 40 minutes.

-Transfer to a wire rack; let cool in pan. Run a thin knife around sides of pan; once cool remove ring and bottom of pan.

-Allow to cool in fridge for at least an hour. Serve topped with berries.

Note: I cut mine up into small servings and freeze if its not going to be eaten within three days.

For Chocolate: add 2 cups softened chocolate chips, 1 cup soya milk, cook 70 minutes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest