This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
A homemade Rustic Fruit Galette is the perfect summer dessert. It’s no-frills! Just wonderful, juicy summer fruits, and an incredibly soft and flavorful almond frangipane.
It’s also super easy to make! This galette recipe uses any fruits you can grab at the farmers market, it can be made in advance, and, if you’re not up to making my Homemade Pie Crust, store-bought pie crust works just as well. We’re keeping it as simple as possible.
And yet, despite how easy it is, it still looks beautifully elegant. It’s the perfect dessert to serve outside on your picnic table, with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, after a hot summer day.
What Is Summer Fruit Galette?
A fruit galette is a lot like a tart or a pie but the best part, besides the fantastic flavor, is that they’re pretty hard to mess up. Making a pie look perfect takes some practice, but galettes are supposed to be rustic, and you’re supposed to see what delicious fruit is wrapped up in that yummy pie crust.
What Is Almond Frangipane?
This summer fruit galette also has my homemade frangipane in the center. Frangipane is a sweet almond-flavored pastry cream that is used in a lot of tarts and pastries.
What You Need To Make Rustic Summer Fruit Galette
How To Make Rustic Summer Fruit Galette
This summer dessert couldn’t be more simple to make! (And don’t forget to get the full recipe with measurements, on the page down below.)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the frangipane by melting the butter and then staring in the remaining ingredients. Place in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Roll out your pie crust to about 1/8-inch thick circle and place on the prepped baking sheet.
- Spread the frangipane in the center of the pie crust. You’ll want to leave about a 3 to 4-inch border all around.
- Place the sliced fruit on top of the frangipane.
- Fold the pie crust edges up over the fruit, pinching the crust together where it pleats to create a border.
- Brush the crust with egg wash and sprinkle it with sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F (210°C) oven for about 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
Gemma’s Pro Chef Tips For Making Rustic Summer Fruit Galette
- Use my Homemade Pie Crust or a store-bought pie crust.
- Use any mix of summer fruit you want!
- You can make the frangipane up to 3 days in advance and the pie crust up to 2 days in advance.
- You can assemble the dessert up to 24 hours in advance and bake it fresh for when you need it!
- Toward the end of summer, buy up the fruit from the farmers market and freeze it flat on trays. It’s a cheap trick, and the fruit will stay delicious!
How Do I Store Rustic Summer Fruit Galette
This recipe is great for making in advance, but if you’ve already baked the galette, you can store any leftovers, loosely covered, at room temperature for up to 1 day, or in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can rewarm it in a 300°F (150°C) oven for 10 minutes.
Make More Pie!
And don’t forget to buy my Bigger Bolder Baking Cookbook!
Full (and printable) recipe below!