Hi Bold Bakers!
Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin Breads and pies scream fall! Following the success of my other best ever recipes like Best Ever Banana Bread and my Best Ever Brownies, I decide to update another pumpkin classic, thus this recipe for my Best Ever Pumpkin Bread! From seasonal classics like my Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte to single serving pumpkin desserts like my Pumpkin Mug Cake, I love taking pumpkin where no baker has boldly gone before.
My Best Ever Pumpkin Bread is packed full of pumpkin flavor and aromatic spices. And did I mention the fabulous brown butter and maple glaze? The combination of sweet maple syrup with nutty butter is a total winner and the best part is how well it compliments the flavor of the pumpkin.
This Best Ever Pumpkin Bread really lives up to its name like all my best ever recipes. This is another “Best Ever” for so many reasons, not only is it jam packed with flavor, but this recipe could not be easier. This lovely moist loaf is as easy as combining the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients all in one bowl. I used my own Homemade Pumpkin Puree but you can use good quality store bought pumpkin puree as well.
When baked, my Best Ever Pumpkin Bread is deep orange in color and unmistakably pumpkin spicy! This holiday season whether baking for fun, or entertaining friends and family, my Best Ever Pumpkin Bread is a must!
- 1 cup (8oz/240g) pumpkin puree
- 1½ cups (12oz/360g) sugar
- ½ cup (4floz/120ml) canola or vegetable Oil
- ⅓ cup(2½floz/75ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cups (9oz/260g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon.salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- For the Glaze:
- ½ cup (4oz/120g) butter
- 1 cup (4oz/120g) powdered sugar (start with one cup and add more if glaze is too runny)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Mix pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, milk, and eggs in large mixing bowl until well combined.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg. Stir well, then gradually pour into large bowl of pumpkin mixture. Stir well to combine completely.
- Spray 1 9×5 Non-stick Loaf Pans with Pam Cooking Spray.Pour mixture evenly into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350oF (180oC) for 45 – 55 minutes, or until done and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- As the bread cools, make your glaze. In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-low heat until melted. Continue cooking, watching butter carefully, until it sizzles and begins to turn amber in color but not quite browned (as browned butter can taste too strong).
- Remove the butter from heat, allow to cool slightly then stir in the powdered sugar and maple syrup until the glaze has formed. If the glaze is too thick thin out with a little milk until you get your desired consistency.
- Pour the glaze generously over top of the pumpkin loaf and let it set, about 30 minutes to set. Cut into slices and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days
SUBMIT YOUR OWN PHOTOS OF THIS RECIPE
0 ImagesSubmit Your Photos
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I’m passionate about sharing my years of experience to show you how to make game-changing baking recipes with over-the-top results! Join more than 1 Million other Bold Bakers in the community for new video recipes every week!
Have you made a recipe? Share photos on my website or across social media with the hashtag #boldbaker.
And don't miss my NEW Bold Baking recipes and tips. Sign up for my weekly email newsletter.