This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Until I moved to the United States, I thought all cookies (or, as I call them, biscuits) were supposed to be dry and crisp. But, whoa, American cookies are so much more than that!!
My homemade Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies encompass everything I love in a good, American-style cookie. The flavor is incredible: sweet from the sugar and chocolate chips and salty from the roasted peanuts and peanut butter. And the texture of these cookies is so addicting. They are the perfect amount of chewy but still have a crisp exterior.
I didn’t think it was possible to improve the perfect combo of peanut butter and chocolate, but somehow these cookies make the pairing even better!
These are based on my classic Best-Ever Peanut Butter Cookies — so if you’re looking for something without the chocolate, try those!
What Are Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies?
These Peanut Butter Cookies are a delicious dessert made with chocolate and lots of delightful peanut flavors thanks to the peanut butter and salted roasted peanuts. They’re chewy, a little crispy, and you’re going to want a nice cold glass of milk with these bad boys!
What You Need To Make Chocolate Chip And Peanut Butter Cookies
How Do You Make Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies?
These cookies are so easy to make, and you don’t need any special equipment like a stand mixer. Here is how you make them (and don’t forget to get the full recipe with measurements, on the page down below):
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare two 18×13 cookie sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Using a hand whisk, cream the butter and peanut butter together until it becomes soft.
- Then, mix in the sugars and beat until it is light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, milk, and vanilla, and mix it well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until it is just combined.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and peanuts! (Snack on some along the way.)
- Scoop out a heaped tablespoon of the dough and roll it into balls. Press the cookie down on the cookie sheet until they are flat. Be sure to leave some space between the cookies; they do spread when they bake.
- Bake the cookies for about 20-22 minutes until they are lightly golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
Gemma’s Pro Chef Tips For Making Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Use salted peanuts in the recipe. The salt gives the cookie extra flavor.
- Be sure not to skimp on the vanilla! Your cookie won’t be the same without it.
- I think milk chocolate pairs best with peanut butter. I would use something around 60% cocoa solids.
- Let your butter come to room temperature and become soft before making the batter. It whips up much easier if it isn’t cold.
- Make the dough, scoop, and freeze for future desserts! Defrost the frozen dough at room temperature for 30 minutes and bake as instructed.
How To Store Chocolate Chip And Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies are best when you eat them right out of the oven, but any leftover chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. The cookie dough can also be frozen; check out my tips above!
Don’t Miss More Cookie Recipes:
- Best-Ever Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Crazy Cookie Dough: One Base Dough, Endless Flavor Possibilities
- 3-Ingredient Shortbread Cookies
And don’t forget to buy my Bigger Bolder Baking Cookbook!
Full (and printable) recipe below!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup (4oz/115g) butter (softened)
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) peanut butter (smooth)
- ¾ cup (6oz/170g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (3oz/85g) dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups (6¼oz/177g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅓ cups (8oz/225g) milk chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup (3 ¾oz/106g) roasted and salted peanuts (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line 2 (18x13 inch) cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a hand whisk, cream the butter and peanut butter together until soft.
- Mix in sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg, milk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until just combined.
- Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Using a tablespoon measure, scoop out heaped tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Press the cookie down until they are flat. Leave some space between the cookies as they spread during baking.
- Bake them for roughly 20-22 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- These cookies are best enjoyed straight out of the oven, but if you have leftovers store them at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.