This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Welcome to another episode of Knead to Know! Mia is back this week, and we talk about some clever and outrageous things — from Gwyneth Paltrow’s recent breakfast choice to a new interesting way to bake ooey-gooey brownies (hint: it has nothing to do with the ingredients!). Mia also prepared a fun new game for me, and I give a pretty hilarious opinion on seis leches cake and “Snickers salad,” if I do say so myself.
At the end of the episode, I talk about how I develop my recipes, so stay tuned! Here’s what we chatted about this week:
Gwyneth Paltrow’s “Boyfriend Breakfast”
The actress and lifestyle brand curator of “goop” posted a photo to Instagram showing off her “boyfriend breakfast” which involved a tasty-looking toad in the hole dish complete with scallions and cheddar from Diana Henry’s From Oven To The Table. Mia and I talk about the English and American version of toad in the hole, if it works as a breakfast dish, and just like Gwyneth — what foods I constantly craved over the course of the pandemic!
Alton Brown’s Brownie Hack
Alton Brown, the cinematographer-turned-famous celebrity chef has disclosed how he gets the absolute PERFECT ooey-gooey fudgy brownie — and it involves no extra ingredients, just the oven!
Try or Toss: Seis Leches Cake, Snickers Salad, And Cheez-it Cake
This week, Mia wanted to try something new and so she came up with a game for us called “Try or Toss”! Mia is constantly scouring Twitter and she came across three very interesting desserts: seis leches cake, Snickers salad, and Cheez-it cake!
She wants to know: would I try it or toss it? You can listen to the show to hear my thoughts and takes, but you have to tell me: would you eat these?!
Your Questions, Answered
As always, you asked amazing questions — and I answered! This week, I tell Mia about how I develop my recipes. You’re in for a treat. Join us on the show to hear my answers!
Until Next Week…
Don’t forget — we’re just starting out, so be sure to subscribe, rate the podcast five stars wherever you listen, and leave a comment with what you want to see next week if you’re watching on YouTube.
See you next week on Knead to Know!
Subscribe & Download Wherever You Listen To Podcasts!
- Apple Podcasts: http://bit.ly/KneadToKnowPod
- Google Podcasts: http://bit.ly/KneadToKnowGoogle
- Spotify: http://bit.ly/KneadToKnowSpot
- Amazon Music: http://bit.ly/KneadToKnowAmzn
- iHeartRadio: http://bit.ly/KneadToKnowiHeart
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/KneadToKnowStitcher
Check Out Knead To Know‘s Other Season 1 Episodes
You’ll love these recent episodes:
- Knead to Know #14: Kevin Guest Stars!
- Knead to Know #13: Pizza, Wedding Cakes, Gelato
- Knead to Know #12: Singing Cakes & Honeycomb Pasta
- Knead To Know #11: 7 Layer Cookies, Baking with Chocolate
- Knead to Know #10: Disneyland’s Fried Pickle Corn Dogs & More
- Knead to Know #9: Dalia Dogmoch Soubra
- Knead to Know #8: Jerrod Blandino
- Knead to Know #7: Max Kumangai
- Knead to Know #6: Joanne Chang
- Knead to Know #5: Andrew Smyth
- Knead to Know #4: Brian Hart Hoffman
- Knead to Know #3: Zoë François
- Knead to Know #2: Brandi Milloy
- Knead to Know #1: Gemma Stafford
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, a cookbook author, and the creator of Bigger Bolder Baking. I want to help you bake with confidence anytime, anywhere with my trusted and tested recipes and baking tips. You may have seen one of my 500+ videos on YouTube & TikTok or as a guest judge on Nailed It! on Netflix or the Best Baker in America on Food Network. No matter your skills, my Bold Baking Team & I want to be your #1 go-to baking authority.