This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
Homemade Frozen Yogurt does not mean you have to own an ice cream machine AND you don’t have to mix the yogurt every 30 minutes. By following my recipe you can make Chocolate and Banana Frozen Yogurt in only 5 minutes!
My Chocolate and Banana No Machine Frozen Yogurt recipe has just 5 simple ingredients: fruit, yogurt, honey and natural flavors like vanilla. It contains only natural sugars that come from fruit and honey. It’s a great treat if you are trying to lighten things up and cut calories.
Homemade Frozen Yogurt can be made on any yogurt you prefer. I use greek as it is higher in protein but feel free to use regular or dairy free. I do recommend plain yogurt with no added flavor.
This recipe is fantastic if you find yourself with ripe bananas you need to use up. Just slice and freeze the bananas and then have them to hand whenever you want to make Frozen Yogurt. And remember you can eat this dessert straight away, you don’t have to wait for it to freeze.
Weight Watchers Points, Smart Points, and Nutritional Information are included on each frozen yogurt recipe below.
Add your bananas and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor, blend until smooth and freeze! It could not be simpler. And you don’t end up with icy, hard frozen yogurt. My recipes are triple tested so I made sure the results are smooth, scoopable and delicious.
The honey in this recipe is not just for sweetness; it’s what makes your ice cream scoopable. Sugar in a liquid form is what stops ice crystals forming and keeps it soft.
For Dairy-Free or Vegan Frozen Yogurt recipes, swap out the honey for agave and use a dairy free yogurt like coconut yogurt.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Chocolate and Banana Frozen Yogurt (No Machine)
- 2 frozen medium bananas (2 cups/10oz/284g) banana frozen
- 2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup (2oz/57g) plain yogurt (greek, non-fat or full fat)
- ⅓ cup (11/3oz/37g) cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Add the frozen bananas, honey (or agave nectar), yogurt, cocoa powder and vanilla extract into a food processor (or liquidizer).
- Process until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the side of the bowl to make sure there are no lumps left.
- Transfer it to an airtight freezable container and freeze for a minimum 6 hours but preferably overnight. Store it in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Weight Watchers Points: 5
Smart Points: 9
Sign up for my FREE Newsletter so you don’t miss a recipe!
Print your own Homemade Frozen Yogurt Labels.
Be sure to check out my No Machine Ice Cream recipes and other Frozen Treats:
- Ice Cream Party: 6 New Flavors!
- Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream
- Banana Split Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Milkshakes
- Original No Machine Ice Cream
- Dairy-Free Coconut Homemade Ice Cream
- Holiday Homemade Ice Cream
- Red Velvet Homemade Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Homemade Ice Cream
- Cookie Dough Milkshake
- Homemade Popsicles